2 posts tagged tips
2 posts tagged tips
This week we’re addressing frequent iPhone problems; today we tackle an issue with the iPhone’s Keyboard’s auto correct function:
• Laura: Every time I write a text, the auto correct function changes some of my words to completely different words. There are so many words that I want to include in my text messages, but they’re not included in the iOS dictionary.
• We would recommend downloading iTeachWords from the Apple App Store, a fantastic free app which will allow you to include your own personal words into your iPhone’s dictionary, meaning that you will no longer have to fret about sending jumbled texts to your friends.
Here at VDH we know that there is nothing more frustrating than when you desperately need to make that very important phone call and your mobile phone starts to play up, or when you need to check your work emails and your battery suddenly dies.
This week, to help you overcome these everyday annoyances, we will be investigating the public’s top iPhone grievances. Every day we will be posting one iPhone related query to the blog, alongside our top tips to help fix these problems.
• Zoe: I recently received a new iPhone after my old one broke, is there any way that I can restore my old settings onto my new phone?
• We encourage everyone to back their iPhones up on a daily basis using their computer, as this will guarantee that a copy of everything on the phone is saved, including pictures, music, contacts etc. This action will also keep your phone running smoothly, prompting you on a regular basis to download Apple’s latest software settings.
• Transferring old iPhone settings to a new iPhone is a breeze when all your information is backed up, all you need to do is plug your iPhone into your computer and voila, iTunes will automatically sync to the last back up. This means that your new phone will now contain the exact same settings, apps, and even restore all your pictures!